Elder Mediation and Senior Decision Making
NVMS understands the challenges and stress that may arise with aging family members.
Families sometimes find themselves in conflict over the decisions regarding health care concerns, living arrangements, medical treatment, and end-of-life decisions.
NVMS is here to help families have constructive, respectful conversations about these topics.
NVMS assists families with having constructive conversations among:
- Aging relatives
- Health care providers
- Residential providers
- Adult siblings
We work to identify needs and wishes regarding:
- Financial issues
- Health care concerns
- Living arrangements
- Medical treatment
- End-of-life decisions
Benefits of Elder Mediation and Senior Decision Making with NVMS
- Accessible and affordable services, please click here for our fee schedule
- The ability to maintain control of the situation
- Agreements tailored to fit the needs of the family
- Sessions scheduled around the availability of the family
- The ability for everyone's voice to be heard
- A safe space for family members to express concern
Northern Virginia Mediation Service offers services in elder mediation and senior decision-making. Dispute resolution services, small workshops, and trainings will address topics such as family arrangements pertaining to care, estate issues, caregiver communication skills when working with elders and more.
For service information, please call the office at (703) 865-7272.